Town of hospitality and accessibility
Cisternino is adorned with the Orange Flag, brand of high quality tourism and environment, conferred by Touring Club Italiano and dedicated to the small towns of the hinterland that stand out for their excellent offer and for their quality hospitality.
Cisternino is characterized by good accessibility and by an efficient management of the local mobility. The most important entrance to the heart of the old city is Porta Grande.
The urban fabric with its medieval imprint remained almost intact and it is possible to lose oneself in the authentic atmospheres of the four districts “Bère Vécchie”, “Scheledd”, “U Pantène”, “L’ìsule”, that together with the outermost one, named “u Bùrie”, compose a small maze of alleys and widenings, where white houses, streets adorned with geraniums, stairs, lodges and arches alternate.
• Church of Madre di San Nicola di Pàtara
• Botanical Conservatory of the Itria Valley
• Torre Amati
• Torre Capece or Del Vanto
• Torre Normanna of Porta Grande
• Palazzo del Governatore (the Palace of the Governor)
• The Specchia of Cisternino